What’s it all about? And why would anyone want to read it? Well, let me try to explain without losing your interest too quickly. Basically, it’s all about me. Shameless self-promotion: of my writing, of my novels:
Where Are the Cocoa Puffs? and Reis's Pieces, of my amazing ability to come up with clever captions on photos of my travels . . . And also, a blatant representation of my stupidity when it comes to spelling, editing, and computer-type stuff.


My debut novel:
Where are the Cocoa Puffs?: A Family's Journey Through Bipolar Disorder was released in September of 2010. My second novel: Reis's Pieces: Love, Loss, and Schizophrenia, was released May, 2012!


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Early Praise for: Where Are the Cocoa Puffs?

Where Are the Cocoa Puffs? is a coming of age story. It provides an authentic look at a teenager, her family and friends who struggle to come to terms with the onset of her mental illness and to find a balance between hope and acceptance. Read it for its own sake. Read it to learn. It speaks to many truths.

Michael J. Fitzpatrick, MSW Executive Director
NAMI National

Where Are the Cocoa Puffs? Is an engaging family story of what happens when the 18-year-old daughter develops bipolar disorder. It is very well written and accurately reflects the effects of this disorder on all members of the family. Strongly recommended.

E. Fuller Torrey, M.D.
Executive Director
The Stanley Medical Research Institute Author of: Surviving Manic Depression: A Manual on Bipolar Disorder for Patients, Families, and Providers
.




No comments:

Post a Comment